A lil dis a lil dattttt........all chicness.

WELL WELL WELL... BONJOUR BONJOUR, BITCHEZ. 

WHATZ UP MES AMIS? 

THIS WEEK C'EST UN PEU DIS ET UN PEU DAT ... A COMBO OOTD AND HAUL, AND SOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS.

..........

le Q&A! Dont fret, Im not giving out any legitimate life advice.. i know we dont need that.. even here on le portal. I was a guest on the amaze podcast NYMPHET ALUMNI  and we did a lil portion with questions from my instagram. I thought I'd answer the ones we didn't cover here! Feel free to comment more Qs and I'll answer them on a future post... probably. .. And btw, you can look out for my episode- its coming out soon! In le meantime listen to their ep about tavi and rookie mag


what was one moment you felt dif from everyone around you?
-prob sounds so annoying but i always felt like that growing up/as a petite child. i felt really uncomfortable a lot of the time. Guess i was born alt.... lolz. the only person i really connected with as a kid was my best friend Beth who is amazing and the funniest person ever.


what is a day in your life like?
-it really depends but routine really really helps moi be more emotionally stable. especially with covid and everything. i always get a coffee from the deli. i like leaving the apartment to do it it wakes me up and its good to get outside and have to talk to people. sometimes if i dont get out in the AM for a sec, i start to get really afraid of going outside or seeing anyone as the day goes on. then i like go on my computer and phone and enjoy my coffeee and then smoke a cig, shower, and i really like to take my time getting dressed. i check the weather about 10 times a morning even though it doesn't affect how i get dressed that much. as i've said- i can be neurotic. then i smoke cigs and find something reasonably productive to do. i like to be social but i cant be social and be productive so i try and be productive first then let my self have fun. i might go shopping or run some errands- any outing is mega fun  this year no matter how mundane. 


where are you from?
-i grew up in southern California ... in a suburban beach town.. not le vibe pour moi . im just  not that relaxed. i do think its fab that its socially acceptable to wear bikinis and be barefoot everywhere though....


how do you do what you do?
-i dont know, i feel like i have pretty difficult time doing the bare minimum to take care of myself! If you mean how am I so swag? its gods gift to moi i suppose!  


do you ever feel lost in an aesthetic world?
-no not at all. i think maybe i seem really obsessed  with aesthetic so it seems like i romanticize or aestheticize everything? i hate when peepz  say in stuck in a fantasy but whatever. I stopped thinking my life was a movie when I turned 20.  I still might be just lost in the shallow sauce ... idk im a very intense person and look at the world in an extreme et specific way .... it feels completely fluid i never feel overwhelmed by aesthetics at all. Or maybe i like being overwhelmed! ... to me all my fantastical bs  feels like its in direct relation to reality and whats going on in le world at le moment. i think im cutting edge!  and im happy to be deluded about that ( if im wrong). Swag doesn't have an on/off switch!!! 


whole life story?
-no.


have you always been effortlessly cool? or is it an illusion?
-well I've always felt this cool. seriously. but i dont think i felt like other people thought i was cool until i moved to new york. it was a total mind fuck to go from only really having myself   (save my best friends) to validate or motivate my style -  to actually being celebrated for it. it fucks with your relationship with your personal style. Especially being a young girl and that being so connected to your like sex appeal and whatever as welll.. balablablaaaa!


what did u wanna be when u were a kid?
-probably like a popstar model whatever. i really liked playing with barbies and dolls and shit. i guess maybe i thought i wanted to be anna wintour or diana vreeland LOL. or holly go lightly.  


what are some of you favorite albums, movies, and books?
-i just have never had the best music taste. i really haven't. im not a phonic person. i love the pixies, i love lana del rey. im basic.
-My favorite books were always like trashy bitch memoirs for sure.  "prozac nation" really connected with me when i was a teenager (embarrassing). "Gods and Kings" is one of  my favorite fashion books. i think its juicy and glam and drama but it also really explains the issues with the system designers are put in in high fashion.
-movies: factory girl, taxi driver, uptown girls, smithereens, times square 


whos your idol?
-myself! be your own mf muse, peepz. 


whats your fave movie/director?
-i used to try and make myself like like andy warhol, chelsea girls movies when i was a teenager but that shit is  boring as EFFFFF -i was just being pretentious. like you're not supposed to sit in a theater and watch that shit your supposed to put it on the projector while you party or fuck or whatever. and even that'd be pretentious but now I kinda wanna do it bc im obsessed with being cliché. .. and im obsessed with them bc im an irony douche but i also think there's something so pure and romantic in clichés and indulging in them feels mega mega mega good. drink le cliché Kool-Aid, peepz. 


how do you dress for the heat? (from someone in tropical place)
-this is hard. my first instict is to say dress slutty.. but its actually sucks to have to constantly be exposed.. like in hot weather you're just 247 uncomf cuz you're overheating/ too aware of your body and obvi you cant always feel good about your body or like you want people looking at you. And i'd say focus on fabric types but i donnnt shop with fabrics or quality in mind at all. Almost everything i own contains some form of plastic. What has worked for me in the nyc humidity is massive, light fabric scarves that i can sort of be boho chic with that like can cover my head and my body if i want . and it makes me feel protected and more comf wearing a cute skanky look underneath. Any huge accessories like purses and hats make me feel more covered and safe . Hiding behind a giant bag is chic.. Also a fan or a parasol sun umbrella.  I think ill be getting one this summer. 


how would you describe you style?
-actually really hard for me to do. i def dress with a lot of mythology and cliché in mind. And I think that's dressing like new york.. And  i really like high - low. Its not such a conscious effort but i know i mix a lot of like designer (or actually nods to designer)  and then i mix that with thrift store ass shit. like i like used fast fashion. mega superretro. i almost never spend over $10 on any item in my closet and if do its gotta be like shoes or bags (which are always fake if they're designer)..


hows life in new york?
-fabulous. epic . I live to complain.. but it never gets old. 


do you ever get crafty? what do you like creating?
-dont buy into the pressure to be a fucking artist/"maker". There is plenty of bs in the world already. that shit is too intertwined with identity and over hyped. lol anyways I've never seen myself as an artist but im def creative af. I dont like blank spaces. i create outfits, i create ideas, i create connections, i create a good vibe.. Hello im a fashion plate, serving le trends. if people dont want to respect that - they're prob boring misogynists who hate themselves . Or they have ZERO . EFFING.  SWAG. Don't take anything too serious. but also if you don't take yourself seriously, who will? 


what does a work day look like for you?
-if i work i get up very early and hustle honestly really really hard all fucking day . i work very hard but i honestly dont work that often. partially bc im spoiled and partially bc im a sorta mentally ill and derail my life rather quickly (and often). 


favorite drink?
-diet coke. martinis. vodka soda. coffee. diet beer. 


fave place in the mall?
-department store. like the makeup floor is always super glam and i like to cover moi-self with perfume samples and take selfies in the giant mirrors and use the fancy bathrooms. And I like to walk around fantasizing that I'm selecting a bunch of stuff out to pick up later. 


where do you get your ideas?
-i usually have a bunch of ideas in my head and ill sort of keep coming back to some and connecting some over time until i become obsessed and that's when i start like wearing that idea or talking about it or integrating into my life a lot. 
-and it comes from me being smart and obsessive. it comes from me being competitive freak . it comes from me consuming massive amounts of pop culture at all times. I've always been a huge tv/ gossip rag/ newsapaper/media/ social media person. And i reject le conversation that that's a bad thing!


how can i meet you?
-at a party. downtown. le subway. pret a manger in midtown. 


how do you take your coffee?
-two splendas. splash of cow milk (whatever kind le deli has).


how tall are you?
-this must be something young girls are insecure of bc i get asked all the time. im 5'5. i promise it literally will not matter when you're out of school whatsoever. If you feel awkward or ugly- literally just move to new york and make it fashion. IDK if this is true in a lot of cities- but in NYC if you look busted and act like its intentional or accentuate that busted/unique-ness it'll be hot and cool af! Its totally cheesy but its megggaaa true that you should just make whatever's weird about you- a swagged out feature. 


do you buy magazines- which ones? 
-yes only old ones. my favorites are Nylons, Vogue Paris, L'official, purple, Y from like 2000-2014. Those are the magz i grew up on. And there was a way bigger budget then for print- they served a purpose. i still love magazines but im just not spending 20 bucks on a magazine when i can go online to see anything. The old ones feel like treasure time capsules and i can collage them and rip them apart. To moi, there's no point in me collecting- I will never look at them enough and they'll collect dust. so i just enjoy them and trash them . im the same way with clothes too. 

.........

OOTD/ HALF HAUL LALALALAAAAAAAAA
a mega petite look at the past weeks outfits and shopping.

-LE NIGHT LOOK: recently thrifted NY knicks jersey. i wore it w baby shorts and ruby slippers and prayer beadz and diet coke hat and duh a massive fur. To moi- this is a perfect New York ensemble.


-LE DAY LOOK: SAME ON TOP, JEANS ON BOTTOM. UGGS FOR CASUAL VIBES. i know, i know,,,,, "meg doesnt it get colder at night? why do you have more clothes on in the day" le answer: duh, alcohol bitches. it makes you warm . and night just calls for more swag sometimes. 


-LE HIPSTER PORTAL AF LOOK. this dress is so effing vintage. mega inspired by the og hipster brooklyn bitches. These days, i] wanna look like a 2013 beacon's closet fashion victim. 


-TYPICAL MOI, ITS A COSTUME. Im thinking a ice skating costume? maybe gymnastic? maybe jazz dance? whatevs. its the kinda thing i live to get made fun of for wearing when im feeling like an attention ho. and yay sequins. i think i'll wear this to like le deli with flipflops. love a summer bodysuit. It screams fashion mistake and  thats a major flex. 


-MARCHING BAND BIOTCH. nothing new here, just ootd. Totes forgot about these shorts, thats what happens when half your wardrobe has become sequin shit. i rlly luv this vibe and will be re-wearing af . Don't forget that re-wearing is chic ! We've been over this: let others live in the fantasy that you've been so busy being glamourous for days on end you haven't even had time to change your party girl outfit.


-ALEXA CHUNG, ITS VINTAGE. a proppa waif dress. i know, its def fuggly. but i thinks its perf for being a cute lil basic on hot city summer dayz. orrrr ill chop it into a shirt. it was $6 ..,, okay edit.*** i wore it and hated itttt i felt so stupid 70s. I felt like bitches i hate.  its gonna have to just be a post shower dress or a top. too girly even pour moi. This is what I get for shopping at L train.


-OVERALLS!!!!!! YEPPPP. an extension of le suspender obession. I need to raise le straps. i kinda like the awk fit (frumpy chic) buuut it exposes just too much side boob to wear comfortably in public. i love love love the bloomer legs. mega dorky baby.  My only concern is that i like to feel slutti so i may never be in the mood to wear this.... le sigh.


-OVERALLS X2. okay awful, evil styling here. excuse le pic.  hopefully you can see le vision. Will update when i figure out the right outfit. 


-OUI, MORE SEQUINZ. Im not even gonna try to put le readers through another complaint about my sequin mania. it is what is is .comme ci comme ca. whatevs. DO i look like an EDC girl? This summer is gonna give mf coachella . But like, Coachella on the sidewalk in new york city. 



NOW,  BEFORE I SIGN OFF- I WANT YOU TO WATCH THIS:


WHY? I JUST FIND IT CULTURALLY SIGNIFICANT. ITS LE VIBES. ANNA DELLO RUSSO IS REALLY JUST THAT BITCH. I WIIIISH OF THE CONDE EDITORS I WAS A CARINE OR AN EMANUELLE ... BUT LETS FACE IT: IM AN ANNA AF. AND OBVI- H&M COLLABS ARE A FASCINATION OF MINE. MORE ON THAT LATER... 

IN THE NEXT POST OR TWO IM GOING TO BE PROVIDING SOME MAJOR MOOD BOARD/ FASHION INSPO. OUI, I'VE SEEN THE REQUESTS. LE READERS ASKED, AND LE PORTAL IS ANSWERING...... next week. 


AU REVOIR CHIC LIL BETCHES. 
MERCI A MILLION  FOR READING.







Comments

  1. so good as always BUT BABES I SENSE THAT EVENTUALLY UR WHOLE BLOG WILL BE IN FRENCH AND I WONT BE ABLE 2 READ IT!!! I take french at school but I’m not very good ........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lolz ill reel it in! tbh i can barely understand moi self!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. I like the 70s slander the white dress is ratchet but not in a good way though....LOVE THE BLOG ALWAYS EVERY WEEK

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i remember trying to sit through chelsea girls and then telling everyone it was my fave movie but ur right... pretentious asf and so boring lolz
    anyways LOVE ur blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hiya babes love ur blog... can u make a post abt what u would wear to tha clubb?? kisses x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EATING DISORDER DINNER PARTY/PSEUDO REHAB/GOT HIT BY A TAXI CAB/ A NEW YORK SUMMER CLASSIC.

LE PROZAC BIRTHDAY

LE MANIC PIXIE DREAM GIRL EXPERIENCE.