DOWNTOWN ELOISE... RUNNING AWAY AVEC HOLDEN CAULFIELD .


DOWNTOWN ELOISE... RUNNING AWAY AVEC HOLDEN CAULFIELD . 

 Le beat-chic princess moved! AKA i spent 7 straight dayz in a little hotel on le  mf west side! 


suppiez readerz!!!!!!!!!!! 

i've alwayz wanted to live in a mf hotel. probz since i read eloise at le plaza. i've had a good amount of hotel hideaway momentz , but they tend to be a bit dark (especially that one in belgium).. AKA moi all alone locked away for dayz on end doing god knowz what throwing some type of temper tantrum. 

And after yearz of dating someone who was def gritty... like once told me they're comfortable with eating from le garbage if need be  (and yes i did find that hot, sue moi) - i needed a touch of glam in my life! and for once i needed to be le edgy one..

le dude i met probz thinks im like a junkie freak compared to his vibe. he's very clean and healthy looking and well mannered. and last week he ran away from home like holden effing caulfield and met MOI. tough luck, kid! I moved into his hotel! Eloise of dowtown bitchezzzzzzzzzzzz. 

here's how it all went down: 

after a Monday spent drinking bloody mary's (FOR WORK PURPOSES!) my bff/producer Saam and I cabbed to my pad to do what writerz love to do: drink more! We were planning on staying in... but whenever I say that I end up going out and partying like mad. Famous last words! 

itz all a bit hazy but basically a friend of mine was in some level of distress and blacked out drunk at a bar about 15 minutes from my building. I offered to call her a car to mine to sleep it off but we ended up going to meet her there instead. My shwasted brain waz experiencing some sort of hero complex, i guess. Unsurprisingly, pretty much the minute we arrived, I moi-self blacked out too! Saam left quite quickly, he's a touch more responsible.

le next thing I know im back in my apartment, sitting on my bed with a few friendz and some boyz who are semi strangerz. How we all ended up together? None of us could tell you. We do what peepz do at afterz and eventually one cute boy mentionz that he's got a room at a chic lil hidden gem of a hotel in le west village. Im familiar with it - a friend waz faux hotel-homeless there for a week last year. Its sort of a wannabe mix of le chelsea hotel, chateaux marblablabla, and a heroin chic Plaza. Cozy lobby where peepz chill and drink in by fireplaces,  wes anderson type old school reception desk, vintage af elevators, and mirrors everywhere (YAY). The rooms i've seen are small and glam. Comfy white beds, classic decor, chic+tiny windows with amaze views, very vibey. And apparently some very famous beat writers have had benderz there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Score for le beat chic princess! 

I insist we cab alllll le way to le west side and once there, le party carries on and le hotel boy takes loads and loads of photos. Guess who loves having their photo taken 247? MOI, bitchez! Match made in heaven. slowly le crowd trickles out (apparently they had realities to get back to)  and then its just us. We may have kissed or something that night but it waz all very innocent and sweet. You'd think in a hotel, where everything and anything nefarious or edgy is happening in roomz all around you, things would easily feel seedy. But as I said , this boy was very propper! At least more proppa than moi. Def a touch manic, but that really doesn't phase moi, it actually took moi a while to even notice. 

Right so what can i say about le hotel boy...my Fred......my very own holden caulfield.... minus the annoy attitude, thank eff.  i really would like to respect his privacy. He has endless images of moi on his fancy camera but I dont really care about my own privacy if you cant tell by this effing blog. I can tell you that he's very sweet and had pretty much run away from his family home a few hourz away. Or at least had come for a visit and waz refusing to go home. Looks wise- he'd just had his hair done in a veryyyy Andy Warhol sort of style. So I call him Mr.Warhol. 

We stayed up all night and slept a bit in le afternoon i think? The entire hotel escapade is a bit of blur but i basically shacked up with him for 7 dayz. Monday to Monday. I made a few runs out to do work thingz and change my clothes but we basically were together for 160 hourz. I usually need to be alone a lot but i waz feeling quite over-worked, broke af,  and jaded by le east side scene. He waz feeling a bit edgy and maybe needed some company and some inspiration. Who knows! Whatever it waz, for le second week in a row- i delivered le manic pixie dream girl experience!! 

I dont sleep that much theze dayz, so sometimes when le boy would sleep I'd run to le nearby beacon's closet to do some manic shopping. Then he'd text me, having woken up and thinking i'd ditched him and i'd run right back to le room. We spent most of our time in bed, ordering mega amounts of fancy west village food (his pick, I have shit taste), drinking red wine (his pick, I have shit taste), listening to cigarettes after sex, taking pictures of moi, looking at le pictures of moi, partying in bed, taking showerz, being emotional, laying about in hotel robes (which were effing MARGIELA by le way), complaining about our lives, and riding le elevator up and down for cigarettes. He drank essentia water, I requested nyc tap water from room service. I think its good for you to have new york physically in your system. 

it def was intense being with someone for so long in such a tiny space... especially as it wasn't like some torrid sexual affair or complete trauma bond session, and we weren't like, ya know, shooting up or anything crazyyyy.  but i needed le vacation. and we know i dont leave le city due to personal preference annnnd my little identification legal woes... so to take a week in a room on le west side is basically a cross country trip for moi. And i love hiding away and getting a bit agoraphobic. Dont get moi wrong, I had like 4 breakdownz, cried like 10 timez, curled into a ball and wouldn't speak at least twice, waz a complete and utter bitch unprompted on a few occasions. But he was mega understanding!

When im in a hotel i like to hang my prayer beads up and hang up all my clothes, and make everything very ocd chic bohemian. I keep things tidy and collect all the little trinkets i can and buy magazines and newspapers and write lots of notes on hotel pads. between my beacons closet runs and his soho purchaases, we accumulated more of a wardrobe each day. Every time i came back to le hotel I had a different fur coat on. Halfway through le week le front desk offered moi a key!! 

A few timez we tried to leave le hotel to go to le deli, or get party nicotine or whatever, and I dragged him to one party and one bar. But we alwayz quickly ended up cabbing it back to west 8th streets. At one point his mother called le hotel room phone and i answered. She wanted him home. He kept extending le stay with each passing day. So when a sleepy girl answered his room's phone. she didn't seem so pleased. I handed le phone right over and heard a... tense conversation. Luckily it was in a language i didn't understand but im totally not mad if she called me a tramp! I felt like a french mistress!! Mega holly go lightly. 

Occasionally we'd have friendz come visit us and sit at the end of our bed and blab. Mr. Warhol cant stand to watch tv or movies so zoning out wasnt an option. we did a lot of cliche shit which we all know i effing adore. I made him a Mr.Warhol name tag and kissed it with a lipstick print. He made moi that said "edie". Vom, I know. we wrote poems and didnt give them to each other. He'd bring moi croissants and coffee in le morning. Morning for us was more like bedtime.  we were not on a very functional time schedule. i wish i had more photos of le week but at some point my shitty lil camera broke. don't worry i've already ordered a new one. 

Obvi in the end, Mr.Warhol obviously needed to go home. And i needed to go home too. so i helped him pack his luggage and gave him a kiss on le cheek and flew out le door. I strolled through washington square park, felt mega beat-chic, and happily made my way to le lower east side to resume my role as audrey hepburn/ le yoko ono of le LES. Here, le cigs are cheaper, delis are open later, bars close at 4, the streets are lively, things aren't so clean (west village looks like effing disney land), and i can be happily tucked away inside... or totally overwhelmed the moment i step out le door. 

room tour: 



moi being moi: 

le robez: 

bathroom tour: 

friendz making sure im still alive. then they covered themselves in my hosts cologne thats discontinued so i had to ask them to leave: 

one of our many late night photoshoots: 

decorating hotel roomz 101: 


Merci for reading peepz! I know this was a short blog, a blog-ette if you will. 

If you're despo for more - check out Le COBRA SNAKE's profile of moi and my weekend antics on PAPER MAGAZINE HERE. 

Cobra and I are planning much much much more chaos in nyc so buckle le fuck up. And my new camera has arrived so i will be back blabbing and snapping in full force v v soon. 

I also am starting a band. Its exactly like le velvet underground and will involve many male model types swarming Pippi and moi as we take music very seriously. Casting it has been amazeballz. We will only be releasing one song. 

So oui, theres much to look forward to.

till next bloggy.



bisou bisouuuuuuuuuu 


namaste 



xxx




Comments

  1. Looks like a very lovely time, and very romantic... oh la la. Luv you girlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. reading this transported me into a dreamworld tbh :)))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EATING DISORDER DINNER PARTY/PSEUDO REHAB/GOT HIT BY A TAXI CAB/ A NEW YORK SUMMER CLASSIC.

LE PROZAC BIRTHDAY

LE MANIC PIXIE DREAM GIRL EXPERIENCE.