BLOG #2 : MEET "X"

 NAMASTE!!

 

After getting back from New England-ish my lovely friend came to visit.... lets call him: "X".

X and used I to be roommates in the lower east side. We met when I was in the process of dropping out of Parsons (haha) and pulling myself out of some spiral. I worked at a disaster "thrift/curiosity" store on 1st avenue where we mostly catered to rich Burners (yay) and weirdo hagglers (yay). The burners would pay just about anything for anything and the weirdos would fight me forever over literally one dollar. Basically I'd stand on the street corner for 8 hours a day hawking junk my bosses got for free at estate sales, headdresses (feathers... steampunk hats... etc) , and jewelry they claimed to be handmade in Turkey by four sisters but was actually made in China and picked up in Queens. He'd come hangout and bring diet coke and Doritos and we became fast bfffffs. Soon after my bosses at the store moved me to their booth on 34th Street where i really learned to scam but by then X and I had moved in together.  Our Stanton Street apartment was a complete nightmare mess but it was fabulous and i loved living there with him. He's been out of NY lately so I'm very happy to host any visits he makes. We've mostly been watching movies and smoking cigarettes ... here's a cute pic i took of X: 


X has a cast or splint or whatever right now (skate boarding injury) and its really an amazing accessory.  X is not easily catagorized but if i had to try i'd probably say: hot pseudo-nerd chic . He graduated college and everything and is extremely intelligent and charming. Easily one of the best friends I've ever had. X always has something fascinating to talk about. 

X, a friend I'll call.. "Julian" , and I watched Hunger Games and then this Czech movie called "Dasies". It was the most hipster thing I've ever fucking seen. It was like seeing the true source of references I've seen all my life... this is def a movie that girls who love baskets, candles shaped like fruit, big cotton underwear, armpit hair, glossier, art, and bows die for. Retromania vibes. 

blahblahblah peace out for now... 

Comments

  1. any other movie recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wouldnt necessarily say the movies mentioned are "good" but theyre def good to see lol. my therapist just made me watch the kids movie "inside out" this week . that sucked. i just re-watched "sky high" which was a Disney movie from when i was a kid. very sweet. id recommend that. or "smithereens".. just rediscovered that movie and its teenage fabulous. then watch "times square" its like smithereens but better!

      Delete
    2. Ii loved sky high, it made me seriously consider the details of the clone power and whether the user retained the clones memories and other stuff haha, thanks for the reply!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EATING DISORDER DINNER PARTY/PSEUDO REHAB/GOT HIT BY A TAXI CAB/ A NEW YORK SUMMER CLASSIC.

LE PROZAC BIRTHDAY

LE MANIC PIXIE DREAM GIRL EXPERIENCE.